Retrieved blog from my multiply account. My College dean teaching me some important lessons in life.
Me and Dean Borromeo
20 LIFE LESSONS of Dr. Annabelle Borromeo
1. When you do something, do it passionately and commit to it completely.
2. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
3. Stand up for what is right, even if it is unpopular.
4. Do what is right even no one is looking.
5. Make your name stand for Fortitude, Excellence and Uprightness.
6. Always surprise others by doing more than what is expected.
7. Don’t laugh at anyone’s dream
8. Remember great love and great achievement entails great risk.
9. Building trust is Job no. 1 when starting in a new job.
10. Talk slowly but think quickly.
11. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
12. Apologize liberally and promptly when you know you’re at fault.
13. When you say, “I’ m Sorry”, look the person in the eye.
14. The first step to improving yourself is to admit that you need improvement.
15. You can’t change anyone. You can only change the way you behave toward THEM..
16. Don’t believe all you hear, spent all you have, or sleep all you want.
17. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
18. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, SMILE AND ASK,
“Why do you want to know?
19. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
20. Spend some time alone!